This glass artwork takes place in the chapel of the Carmel Convent of Toulouse, in Muret (France).
The chandelier was carefully elaborated with the Carmelite community to fit its day to day needs, with simplicity and overall harmony in mind.
The brass cross fits the double views needed from the Carmelites' Choir and from the main chapel.
The glass motive, like concentric waves on the surface of water, brings movement and softness to the luminary.
A precise bending of the previously kiln formed glass elements was necessary to fit the delicate curves of the artwork.
Chandelier in kiln formed glass and brass
Width : 2m17 / 7.20 ft
Height : 2m17 / 7.20 ft
Weight : 45 kg / 100 lbs
Carmel Convent of Toulouse
The Carmel Convent of Toulouse was founded in 1616 by Mother Isabel of the Angels, one of the contemporary Spanish mothers of St. Teresa of Avila.
During the 1960s, the convent moved from Toulouse to Muret, in the Castle of Lacombe.
It's at that time that the chapel was built by a disciple of Le Corbusier.
Download the leaflet