This set of two monumental glass and brass chandeliers takes place in the nave of the chapel.
Similar to a blossoming flower corolla, the luminaries delicately support a corona of oval cartouches made of sculpted glass, on which twelve doves are represented.
The refinement of their lines elegantly integrates them into the interior decoration of the chapel.
Entirely handmade, the twenty-four cartridges required a great deal of attention and accuracy in their adjustment to the brass structure : a first firing to form the relief, then a second to give them the required curvature.
Two chandeliers in kiln formed glass and brass
Width : 2 m 50 / 8.20 ft
Height : 3m20 / 10.50 ft
Weight : 100 kg / 220 lbs
Heritage monument – XVIIth century
Since 1908, the seminary has been established within the walls of the former Convents of the Feuillants and Feuillantines, built in the suburb of Saint-Cyprien at the beginning of the 17th century. The beautiful brick cloister dates from the same period.
The chapel, dating from the first half of the 19th century, is composed of a large rectangular nave with two bays and an apse covered by plaster ribbed vaults on wooden lathes.
The project was awarded Le Geste de Bronze 2017 Prize.
Download the leaflet