This set of four glass and brass chandeliers takes place in the nave of the church.
Inspired by the pillar that once supported the bell tower, the rounded shapes of these luminaries underline the human-sized proportions of the building.
The ample curves of their design, added to the fluid patterns of the glass elements, allow the ensemble to retain all its fluidity and visual lightness.
Entirely handmade, the glass elements required a lot of attention and accuracy in their adjustment to the brass structure's curves.
It took four months of uninterrupted firing to obtain the eighty pieces of glass that make them up, each having first undergone a first firing to form the relief and then a second one to give them the required curvatures.
Four chandeliers in kiln formed glass and brass
Width : 1m30 / 4.30 ft
Height : 1m60 / 5.25 ft
Weight : 50 kg / 110 lbs
Heritage monument – XVIth century
The oldest building in the commune, the church of Our Lady of the Assumption of Stains (France) was completed in 1560 and houses a high altar and an altarpiece classified as a Historical Monument. Closed since 1995, an exceptional renovation project was undertaken in 2012 by the municipality, which mobilized more than twenty different trades, and thus saved the building from destruction.
The restoration of Our Lady of the Assumption Church was awarded Le Geste d'Or Jury Special Prize 2014.
Download the leaflet